Monday, September 8, 2008

Wow, three weeks into our new season and it feels like we've been doing this our whole lives! The past 5 days have (actually right now, by me) been labeled "sewing extravaganza week". It's hard to believe that in such a small amount of time, so many costumes have been finished! A huge thank you to Katie Garwood, who gave of her time to fly up from Jackson, MS where she danced with Ballet Magnificat! and has sewn many of their beautiful costumes! Also thanks so much Lori Plyler, Amanda's mom, yet again working so hard for our cause! (even though she keeps saying it's just a perfect excuse for her and Sim to come see their daughter and new son-in-law) What would we do without people coming along beside us to help make this vision a reality? (I know this much, we'd all be wearing potato sacks if I had to sew!)

Moving on.....
We are reading the book "To Live Is Christ" by Beth Moore. It's about the apostle Paul. Since we'll be performing a "A Walk With Paul" we all want to better our knowledge about his teachings, and see with new eyes what his life looked and felt like. What stands out to me is the fact that after Damascus, Paul never took a step back. He never took a "shortcut" in his journey the Lord had laid out for him. I'm amazed every time I think about the grace God has given me in my walk with Him, and no matter how many times I take the shortcut, He's there with the directions back to the main road! (please excuse my analogies, that's just how I learn!)

I don't know who, or how many people may read this blog, but my prayer for you is that you would know that your Heavenly Father adores you. He wants only for us to respond to His infinite love and say "my life is not my own, it's Yours, take it and make it a reflection of You."

For Him,
Audrey

No comments: