Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Questions and Answers

Do you ever wonder why God does things, like make you go through something hard, or put you in an uncomfortable situation? I just finished reading "The Shack" and it makes you think, or at least it made me think. Recently my family found out that my Grammpa has pancriatic cancer, and I hate it, in fact it makes me want to cry just thinking about it. It makes me want to be mad about it and yell,"why God, why?" Well the answer is clearly stated in His Word. "For my thoughts are not you thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and snow come down from heaven, and so not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace." -Isaiah 55:8-12

He knows the exact number of my Grammpa's live, His timing is perfect eventhough it might not be mine. He is in control in everthing! What a comforting thought that we don't have to worry about anything. One of my favorite verses is Philippians 4:6-7 which says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in verything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
What a great God we have! He has given my Grammpa peace and I pray that I would have that same peace and confidence in Him. He is the Great Healer, and I pray in faith that He can heal my Grammpa.

On a lighter note, classes are going well, and "Paul" is coming together, slowly but surely. Since the beginning of the year, we, as a company, have been struggling with being united, as you might already know. Well, I believe that the Lord has been working and changing our hearts and I think this verse sums it up. "If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition of vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to you own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Phillipians 2:1-5

Blessings,
Mr. Whittacker

No comments: