Saturday, October 17, 2009

Prepping for California

Here we go! It's been an insane month and a half as we've put together our most recent piece "Project Grace". What a whirlwind! This piece has been a battle to finish, and has been a roller coaster from day one, however through all the ups and downs the Lord reminded me where to place my trust. Him and Him alone.

Physically and mentally He has prepared each of us for this piece "Project Grace". This ballet is centered around the cross and tells a story with each song and how they are placed together, continuous from beginning to end, rips to the very core of who we are in Christ.

Nothing but the blood, Lead me to the cross, Inside out, Revelation Song, Hosanna, How He loves, I surrender all.

Reading the words to each song and placing them together paints the most beautiful picture. I love the creativity of our Savior.

To dance this piece is exhausting, overwhelming and beautiful all in one and we all have the bruises to show for it. We have ultimately come to the end of who we are and have found who we are in Him. The Lord has shown up as we've rehearsed this past week, I know He's always there but to have Him pour out His anointing and to feel His presence in such an awesome and tangible way that I have never felt before, has brought us to a new level. We have found ourselves not wanting to finish worshiping and on our faces before Him as the last song "I surrender all" is played.

I'm so in awe of what He's done with each of us, what can I say? Whenever I feel like moaning or complaining about the "work" that has to be done each day or the refining that needs to take place, I'm reminded of where I'm at. Do you find yourself thinking that way? How does God remind you each day or get your attention to pull you out of the mindset you find yourself in? When do you get to the end of you and the beginning of Him? He did it this week for me with the flu (of all things) got me to step back and reevaluate where I'm at. It's such a glorious thing, I have a new respect for the flu. If you don't enjoy the ride how disappointing would it be to get to the finish line and not remember the journey with all it's ups and downs. Remembering what He's shown me and taught me as I choreographed this piece brings depth not only to this ballet but to my life.

So as I get back to our trip to California, we are 6 days away from our first 10 day tour. I'm excited to see how the Lord has prepared us for ministry, prepared our hearts to seek relationship and conversation, prepared our minds to dig into His word deeper and more intentionally each day and prepared our "body", unifying us, tying us together in significant ways to uphold and encourage each other. We are on a mission. To share the love and passion Christ has for us in a way that touches people to the core of who they are, to stir up emotions and excitement about what our Father did for each of us at the cross.

He saw our faces, called out our names. Let us never forget.

Stay tuned for a tour update, please pray for safe travel and the spirit of the Lord to hover over us from day one.

He makes everything glorious,
Tennille

No comments: